7 Benefits of Yoga for Young Kids
When it comes to the benefits of yoga for children, the first thing that springs to mind is flexibility and strength. But there’s much more to it than that.
Yoga can help children in many other ways, from boosting their self-esteem to improving their concentration, from helping them cope with stress and anxiety to fighting off depression and feelings of low self-worth.
Here are seven ways in which yoga can benefit kids:
1. It improves concentration
2. It reduces stress and anxiety
3. It helps manage anger – both at home and at school
4. It helps build confidence in social situations, including dealing with bullies and confrontation
5. It boosts self-esteem and makes kids feel good about themselves – both physically and mentally
6. It encourages them to develop healthy habits such as eating right and exercising regularly
7. Finally, it teaches them how to relax.
Soul Mates Kids Yoga is a whole system to make practising yoga easy and fun for kids. We have resources available for teachers or parents wanting to start yoga with kids:
- Kids Yoga Mats embossed with poses - Pack of 16 at available at wholesale price of 199€, also sold individually online, on amazon and in good toy stores.
- Youtube channel full of yoga videos including full class examples.
- Yoga App for Kids: Yoga Spinner Game
- Yoga Cards to play yoga games at home or school
- Mindfulness Story Books
- Mindfulness Meditation Pillows
- Omm-mazing Activities weekly free email subscription with mindfulness activity and yoga suggestions for the whole family.